Privacy and Security Statement
This Privacy and Security Statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to information collected by the Paragary Restaurant Group (“ Paragarys.com,” “we,” or “us”). Paragarys.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers (“Customers,” or “you”). We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded.
Information is collected from Customers by Paragarys.com through the use of the Paragarys.com Web site. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Paragarys.com. By visiting the Paragarys.com Web site, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
A. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to provide you with products of interest to you and to continually improve your experience on Paragarys.com.com, we collect information about our Customers in a variety of ways. In some cases, Paragarys.com asks Customers directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as Customers are using the Paragarys.com Web site. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of the features we offer. Paragary Restaurant Group is the sole owner of information collected on the Paragarys.com Web site. The following is a summary of the kinds of information Paragarys.com collects:
1. Active Collection.
Paragarys.com collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with Paragarys.com or use certain Paragarys.com services or features. This type of information includes:
- Order form. Contact information, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on the Paragarys.com Web site. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the Customer.
- Demographic information such as zip code.
- Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and e-mail address.
- Information provided in e-mail requests and communications.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using the Paragarys.com Web site. It is important to note that Paragarys.com must store this information in order to ensure its Customers receive optimal service while using Paragarys.com services. This type of information includes:
a. Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track member usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Paragarys.com Web site.
Paragarys.com also uses Third Parties to provide services to you on behalf of Paragarys.com, and in doing so they must set cookies on the site. We use a Third Party to provide web analytic services which allows Paragarys.com to track website usage statistics and checkout information. Such Third Party Cookies are used to:
- Store session state information
- Authenticate Customers
- Help customize content delivery
- Provide context-sensitive help
- Protect Web site security and login time-outs
For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser’s Options or Preferences menu.
c. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs are tied to Customers’ personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
B. HOW DOES PARAGARYS.COM USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Paragarys.com endeavors to strictly adhere to state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, Paragarys.com may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our Web site. For example, Customers may receive a welcome e-mail, e-mail newsletters, customized content, and updates when Paragarys.com has new product features or enhancements or other news to relay to our Customers.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill Customer orders in connection with purchases of products offered by Paragarys.com.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
C. HOW DOES PARAGARYS.COM COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS?
Paragary Restaurant Group would like to communicate with its Customers when we have new products or services we feel are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from Paragarys.com, you will receive the following types of communications:
- Customer Service. We communicate with Customers on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via e-mail or phone, in accordance with the Customer’s wishes.
D. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. Paragarys.com discloses information you provide to us as described below.
- Third party intermediaries. We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Customers with goods or services. Such service providers may include, without limitation, credit card processing and shipping companies. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to Paragarys.com. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which Paragarys.com disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
- We also share aggregated demographic information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants, and other partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Paragary Restaurant Group receives reports on number of Customers, items purchased, page views, logins, etc. They do not receive any personally identifiable information.
- Business transitions. In the event that Paragary Restaurant Group goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Customers’ personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For more information, see our Notification of Changes section below.
- Paragary Restaurant Group will also disclose personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill our service obligations or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site, to respond to any claims, or protect the rights of Paragarys.com and its Customers and the public. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to sensitive data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information and individually identifiable information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign.
- Information with your consent. Other than as described above, you will receive notice when information about you may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The following outlines different types of security procedures Paragarys.com has in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
1. Identification and Authentication
Access to the data is assigned to specific individuals in order to maintain strict control over access. We do not grant general access to data within Paragarys.com and, except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, access to data is not granted to parties outside Paragarys.com. We also verify the identity of the persons accessing the data by using a login name and password. Passwords are required to be six characters and include a non-alphabetic character. In addition, login session times-out after a period of time to prevent unauthorized use.
2. Authorization and Access Control
Only authorized personnel have access to restricted data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information and individually identifiable health information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to sensitive data.
3. Data Confidentiality
Paragarys.com uses 128-bit encryption and a security firewall to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
4. Data Integrity and Retention
We implement full database backups by our certified Database Administrator to establish data consistency and integrity. We also grant Customers access to their information in order to verify that the data is still accurate and has not been modified or corrupted.
Data are stored on contracted third party secure server and backed up. Such data are stored to the extent required by state, federal and local laws. Their Web servers are located in a secure and environmentally controlled room/location. Backups are automated and scheduled using industry-standard net backup software and backup tapes are continuously stored in a secure location off-site.
5. Data Management and Monitoring
All employees of Paragary Restaurant Group are informed of the company’s security policies. Paragary Restaurant Group new hires are briefed on security and privacy issues and the security policies are also covered in the employee manual.
Security and privacy threats, operational and technical vulnerabilities have been assessed and countermeasures have been taken to reduce these vulnerabilities. New threats are consistently evaluated and measures are taken to prevent them from occurring at Paragarys.com. In addition, a security firewall screens access events and non-valid attempts are denied and logged. More stringent countermeasures are being implemented by Paragary Restaurant Group’s administrator on a continuous basis.
Paragarys.com may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Paragarys.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Customers to be aware of this when they leave Paragarys.com and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Paragarys.com.
G. UNSOLICITED E-MAIL (SPAM)
H. SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time, our site requests information from Customers via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (zip code) or your name and e-mail address. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Paragarys.com Web site.
I. CHOICE/OPT OUT
Paragarys.com gives Customers the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications from Paragarys.com by replying to Unsubscribe in the subject line via e-mail at marketing@Paragarys.com. For example, Customers may wish to opt-out of having their information used for information directly related to Paragary Restaurant Group’s products and services.
J. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
To assure that the information collected is accurate and up-to-date, Paragarys.com allows Customers to edit and update their information through the Paragarys.com.com Web site. The Paragarys.com Web site allows Customers to access and correct any inaccuracies in the information submitted online. Customers may also email marketing@Paragarys.com, or by calling the Corporate Office (916.452.3335) during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 10 AM – 4 PM.
K. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
L. ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with the Paragarys.com Web site, or wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
Paragary Restaurant Group
1403 28th Street
Sacramento, CA 95816