Author: Kurt Sparato, Executive Chef, Paragary Restaurant Group
Recipe type: side dish, appetizer
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb leeks, including the tender green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ lb winter squash, peeled and diced
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ up grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the leeks and cook gently until they begin to soften, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the squash, salt and ½ cup water and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the squash is very soft and starting form a puree, about 30 minutes.
- Add a little more water if necessary to keep squash from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the cream, eggs, cheese, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir the egg mixture into the squash, then transfer the mixture into an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle the surface with breadcrumbs and drizzle the top with a little olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Posted on 11/02/2015 at 12:45:00 AM