Paragary's is excited to welcome and introduce chef de cuisine, Patrick Prager. With 20 years of experience in the restaurant industry and a passion for creating delicious food, we are thrilled to have Patrick on our team.
While we can certainly speak to Patrick's talents as a chef, this month we got the chance to learn more about his life beyond the kitchen - from his greatest inspiration and favorite activities outside of work, to his number one guilty pleasure food and more.
We hope you enjoy learning more about Patrick as much as we did!
Q&A With Chef Patrick Prager:
1. What is your favorite dish to cook and/or eat?
I love working with scallops, usually paired with pork.
2. Who is your greatest inspiration?
Although many people inspire and drive me, my first sous chef, David Lutz from a restaurant called Postrio inspires me the most. He taught me how to be a line cook, how flavors work together, why and how to respect ingredient, etc. He was rad!
3. What is the best part of your workday?
I love the rush of service, when it's busy and everyone is working together, nothing compares for me.
4. What are your favorite activities outside of work?
Spending time with my kids and wife, being outdoors, being active, reading cookbooks.
5. Where is your go-to hangout in Sacramento (a bar, a hidden river spot, etc)?
Being a husband, and father of three, I don't get out much... Ink is cool for a beer after a hard day of work.
6. What is something you cannot live without?
My taste buds.
7. What is the best advice you have received?
Don't go to culinary school.
8. What was your first job?
An ice cream shop in Alameda, CA called Loard's.
9. What is your number one guilty-pleasure food or drink?
Ice cream! I can put down a pint in a night.
Posted on 12/05/2016 at 04:55:00 PM