Watermelon, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella come together to make the perfect summer salad. Impress your friends with this simple, seasonal dish at your next summer gathering, or enjoy on your own for a refreshing treat on a hot day.
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced several basil leaves, torn
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil coarse salt
- Combine watermelon, cherry tomatoes, and red onion in mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and gently toss.
- Divide ingredients between two serving plates.
- Scatter the cheese and basil over the salads.
- Sprinkle a little more salt over the salads and serve.
Posted on 07/06/2017 at 05:18 PM