While snickerdoodle cookies can be enjoyed all year long, there is something special about indulging in the cinnamon and sugar treat during the holidays. Baking cookies can be a fun family activity, and it makes your house smell simply delicious. Enjoy this recipe for yourself, or bake some snickerdoodles for your friends. Baked goods make the best gifts because they really show someone you care. Enjoy!
Simple Snickerdoodle Cookies
Author: Laurel Sanders, Paragary Bakery
Recipe type: cookies, baking, sweets, dessert
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 35 mins
Serves: About 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream room temperature butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Scoop cookies using a tablespoon onto a baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes (unbaked cookies can also be frozen at this point).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While the cookies are chilling, combine the cinnamon and second measure of sugar in a
- shallow bowl.
- When cookie dough is thoroughly chilled, gently lift each one off the baking sheet and coat it in cinnamon sugar.
- Return cookies to the baking sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
Posted on 11/30/2015 at 12:00:00 AM