The air is getting cooler, days are getting shorter and leaves are changing color - it's fall! Celebrate autumn with the perfect chai tea recipe. The combination of sweet and spicy is perfect hot or cold!
- 8” piece Organic ginger, peeled and sliced into ½” thick coins
- 4 Whole Foods Market Organic Fair Trade cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 4 tsp 365 Everyday Value black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 48 365 Everyday Value whole cloves
- 24 Spicely Organic cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 Tbsp 365 Everyday Value fennel seeds
- 30 grams Two Leaves & A Bud Organic Assam tea leaves
- 24 cups water
- 3 cups 365 Organic Everyday Value brown sugar
- Place spices in a saucepan and place over high heat. Lightly toast the
- spices until fragrant, about 20-30 seconds. Add the water and ginger
- and bring to a boil. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat,
- cover, and let steep for 10 minutes. Bring back to a boil and add tea
- bags. Turn off the heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain the
- mixture and add the sugar.
- Let cool.
Posted on 10/06/2016 at 12:34:00 PM