It's summer, which means corn is in season.
Impress your friends with Centro's classic Elote Asado - the perfect summer BBQ treat.
Recipe from Chef Fidel Lopez, Centro Cocina Mexicana
- 4 ears of California-grown corn, unshucked
- 1/2 cup Rizo Bros California Creamery Cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 1/3 cup 365 Everyday Value Organic mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp ground Spicely Organic New Mexico chile powder
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Carefully pull the husks back from the corn, remove the silk and trim the husks as needed, leaving some husks behind to use as handle.
- Place corn on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning until bright yellow, tender and slightly charred
- Remove corn from grill and brush with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese and the chile powder.
- Serve with lime wedge.
*Ingredients can be found at Sacramento Whole Foods Market on Arden
Posted on 08/07/2018 at 10:00 AM